Europe VS USA Startup Pitch Battle at MassChallenge
September 11, 2017
Join us for this EUROPEAN-AMERICAN PITCH BATTLE!
When: Thursday, Oct 26, 2017 – from 4:15pm to 6:00pm
Where: MassChallenge, 23 Drydock Avenue, Boston
What: Pitch Battle bringing together European startups and American startups from Masschallenge
Free event followed by networking
This free event will bring together some of the most promising European entrepreneurs and brilliant American entrepreneurs from MassChallenge, for a friendly elevator pitch contest.
The selected entrepreneurs will get 90 seconds to pitch and convince the audience: 10 American startups will showcase the art of pitching in the US, and 10 European startups will try to match up with them! The winners will receive a symbolic cash prize, and the networking session afterwards will offer everyone the possibility to discuss business culture differences and the opportunity to meet with potential investors.
Feel free to join this opportunity to develop a growing network across the Atlantic.
4:15 PM: Welcome
4:30 PM: Opening Words (Director of MassChallenge and Ambassador of France to the US)
4:45 PM *** GAME 1 *** TEAM USA n°1 vs TEAM EUROPE n°1
5:05 PM *** Half Time *** Vote for your favorite pitch!
5:15 PM *** GAME 2 *** TEAM EUROPE n°2 vs TEAM USA n°2
5:35 PM *** End *** Vote for your favorite pitch!
Cash prize awaits winners!
5:40 PM – 6:00 PM *** Networking ***
Each people in the audience will be able to vote for their favorite participant. Come join us for what promises to be an incredible opportunity to engage with International entrepreneurs in a fun and dynamic environment!
This event will be held at MassChallenge’s headquarters in the vibrant Boston’s Innovation District. Their dedicated team continues to support entrepreneurship and innovation all over the world, and their headquarters in Boston has reinvigorated and empowered the global entrepreneurship ecosystem.
This event is presented by Healthy Roots, hosted at MassChallenge, and sponsored by: Axelia Partners.
NETVA 2017: 20 High-Tech French Startups heading to North America!
June 21, 2017
In 2017, 107 young innovative companies applied to the French national competition to participate in the NETVA program. These candidates went through two selection processes, the first taking place in Paris, and the second in one of the four NETVA cities: Boston, San Francisco, Toronto and Washington, DC. The Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and its partners are proud to present the 20 French startups which have been selected to take part in the 2017 edition of NETVA which offers a personalized support program in order to familiarize them with the North American markets.
2017 NETVA Laureates
Going to Boston
- Accelad: first software assistant for electronics engineers
- Airthium: high-efficiency compressed air energy storage
- Dynacurenew treatments for patients affected by serious orphan disorders, for certain neuromuscular diseases
- Innopaindevelops an alternative to morphine and opiates for acute and chronic severe pain treatment
- Op2Lysisthe first medical treatment designed to remove the hematoma formed in the brain in patients with an hemorrhagic stroke
Going to San Francisco
- Carthera: high intensity contact ultrasound interstitial medical device
- Cell Constraint & Cancer: disruptive innovation in oncology constraint field to change the phenotype of cancer tissue
- Earthcubeenables global monitoring of your activities and the environment relevant to you, increases satellite and airborne imagery accessibility thanks to the latest artificial intelligence developments
- iExec: blockchain-based distributed cloud platform
- LightOndevelops novel optics-based computing hardware
Going to Toronto
- Alkion BioInnovationshas developed and patented a R&D platform to obtain highly valuable natural non-GMO ingredients/biomass for the nutritional & non-cosmetic fragrance markets
- MilliDrop: major advance in culture automation and high-throughput analysis in microbiology
- NFC Interactive: proximity technologies, software solutions in areas such as industry, commerce and event management
- ORFEA Acoustique Développementdevelops Silent Space, a sound masking technology to limit obtrusive noise in open plan work space
- Scortex: harnessing the power of deep learning, we provide a turnkey smart visual inspection solution as a service for manufacturing
Going to Washington, DC
- Diabeloop: artificial pancreas project to fight type 1 diabetes
- Irisiome: innovative tunable fiber laser solutions for science and industry, such as laser tatoo removal
- net: uses the latest advances in research to provide IT security solutions
- Uwinloc: the only IoT indoor location solution using battery-less tags
- Vaonis: the world’s most compact telescope
NETVA Conference 2017 : A Quick-Start Training to Understand North-American Tech Markets
June 7, 2017
Organized by the Offices for Science and Technology of the Embassies of France in the United States and Canada, the NETVA conference is a free one-day conference designed to provide you with the keys to develop your company across the Atlantic and the tools needed to settle in the North American markets. Entrepreneurs and business development specialists from the United States and Canada will be present to share their firsthand experiences.
When: Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Where: Bpifrance, Paris
Conditions : Free event open to the public
North America is one of the top innovative place in the world. Entrepreneurs benefit from extremely dynamic ecosystems to create and develop their businesses. The size of American markets attracts French entrepreneurs. However, going the American way requires a good understanding of the factors of success!
Join us on June 20, 2017 at Bpifrance in Paris, to understand how to integrate the North American market into your business development strategy or to share your experience!
- 08:30 : Opening
- 09:00 : Welcoming Remarks– Bpifrance, Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affaires, Embassies of France in the United States and in Canada
- 09:30 : Doing business in America– Mike Gill (Secretary of Commerce, State of Maryland)
- 10:00 : Universities, innovation & startups– David Shaw (VP for Research and Economic Development, Mississippi State University)
- 10:30 : Break
- 10:45 : French organizations for internationalization– Bpifrance, Business France
- 11:15 : Why the US, why Canada ? Do’s & Don’ts– Roundtable #1 with Grégory Ogorek (Serial entrepreneur in Toronto), Aymeril Hoang (Head of innovation Société Générale), and Xavier Wartelle (CEO French Tech Hub)
- 11:50 : Presentation of the NETVA program, its partners and the 2017 laureates– NETVA team, Ministry of Higher Education and Research, Inria, Startups Pitches
- 12:30 : Lunch
- 1:30 : Keynote– Oussama Ammar (Cofounder of The Family)
- 2:15 : Business-informed legal advice(legal aspects for an establishment in the US, accounting, HR, IP…) – Richard Zolezzi (American law firm Polsinelli)
- 2:50 : How to raise money? Understanding VC– Olivier Younès, CEO @EXPEN, Professor @HEC Paris & @UC Berkeley, Mentor @Singularity University
- 3:20 : Break
- 3:35 : Scale-up / Fast growth of high tech startups– Roundtable #2 with Gabriel Hubert (Stripe), Clément Boussard (CEO Stanley Robotics), and a 3rd entrepreneur from Silicon Valley
- 4:10 : They did it… Feedbacks from French entrepreneurs – Roundtable #3 : with NETVA alumni about their immersion in the US and in Canada, with Pascal Descargues (Genoskin), Nathalie Bufi (Instent), François Chaudoreille (Avenisense), and Hugo Lercher (Algama)
- 4:45 : Networking