The Office for Science and Technology in the US is a multidisciplinary team of professors, researchers and scientists spread throughout the United States, with its headquarters at the Embassy of France in Washington DC and six offices in the consulates of France in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles and San Francisco. These strategic locations ensure coverage of high-potential sectors in terms of research, technological innovation and dynamic science policies.
Under the supervision of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the OST maintains close ties with the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation, as well as with all the actors in the French research ecosystem. It acts in cooperation with the other services of the Embassy (cultural service, economic service, social affairs service), and works in close collaboration with the representatives of the CNRS, INSERM, CNES, CEA and INRAE present at the Embassy of France in Washington DC with whom it forms the “Mission pour la science et la technologie”.
The roles of the Office for Science and Technology in the United States:
– Promoting science and technology between French American actors and expatriate scientists;
– Observing the scientific advances and the US strategy in key areas, in terms of innovation and investment in R&D;
– Disseminating this information in France through diplomatic notes or letters, reports, weekly e-newsletters;
– Strengthening scientific partnerships and creating new ones through expert missions and seminars on topics of common interest;
– Promoting the exchange of doctoral students and researchers.
Anne Puech, Attachée for Science and Technology, Consulate General of France in Boston
Philippe Perez, for Science and Technology, Consulate General of France in San Francisco
Jean Jacques Yarmoff, Attaché for Science and Technology, Consulate General of France in Boston
Antoine Mynard, Attaché for Science and Technology, Consulate General of France in Boston
is a personalized support program that offers a personalized support, opportunity analysis and development of technological partnerships in the United States, for young and innovative French startups.